SAHJ accepts submissions on a rolling basis. SAHJ is an open access journal. Submission processing charges do not apply. All contributions to SAHJ must be submitted via the journal’s online submission system. Please contact us if you are interested in sharing your work with SAHJ.
|Editorials| = Invited Submissions + Indexed
|Articles (research papers; review articles)| = Open Submissions + Indexed + Reviewed
|Poetry| = Open Submissions + Indexed
|Interviews| = Open Submissions + Indexed
|Theatre Plays| = Open Submissions + Indexed
Please consider the following review and publishing criteria for reviewed articles (research articles and review articles):
- A descriptive abstract (300 words max.) is required for articles.
- Articles should not exceed 12,000 words, exclusive of references.
- The manuscript is in single-spaced Times News Roman 12-point font; section headings are in bold Times News Roman 18-point font; sub-section headings, figure headings and table headings are in bold Times News Roman 12-point font; block-quotes are in Times News Roman 11-point font.
- The submission file is in .doc or .rtf file format.
- The submission adheres to the bibliographic requirements of the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS) (Authors may choose between the CMS's author-date style and the CMS's notes-and-bibliography style (without ibid.). All articles must include a reference list at the end, with all references listed in alphabetical order according to the authors' last name. Articles with inconsistent citation styles or sloppy referencing will be rejected. We recommend that authors use Zotero, which is a free, easy-to-use reference manager to help you collect, organise, cite, and share your research sources in one place. It lives right where you do your work—in the web browser itself. The quick-start guide can be accessed here.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided
- Authors are encouraged to refrain from self-citation.
- Authors are encouraged to acquire a critical friend to proof their manuscript against quality of prose and logical flow prior submission.
- The editors reserve the right to edit manuscripts for style, clarity, consistency and length.
- The critical review process is variable depending on the nature and quality of the article, as well as author engagement. SAHJ proactively works with authors to improve the quality of submitted articles where required.
All submissions are initially assessed by an editor, who decides whether articles are suitable for academic review and/or publication. Suitability is assessed in relation to the focus and scope of the journal and the article type.
Suitable articles are assigned to reviewers including guest reviewers. Submissions are assessed for their clarity, methodology and validity. Academic review can either be blind or open, meaning that reviewers are either not known or known to authors and vice versa. SAHJ checks for plagiarism.